Thursday, July 30, 2020

Read-Aloud: The True Story of the Three Little Pigs

During Week 4 of our Summer Program, there have been lots of at-home activities involving the story of The Three Little Pigs - the engineering video, the LEGO challenge, the puppet show...  I knew I wanted this week's read-aloud to be a retelling of that same story, but from a different perspective or with different details. After a lot of thought (and a lot of reading!), I finally decided on this version, The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs, a book which has been around for about thirty years. The author's name is Jon Scieszka, he used to be a second grade teacher, and he's written lots of other books since this one. The story is also very different, but look for similarities. 

I've been having issues recording this and am getting a little frustrated and worried that I won't get a read-aloud posted in time. So, who better to read the book than the author himself? He does a much better job than I do, and I hope you like the story and the illustrations! Leave me a comment below if you want!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a 'new' take on the story of the Three Little Pigs.
Great idea. So much work behind the scenes. Thank you Ms Hunewell.
Lucky families to have this program at the Gordon-Nash Library. My favorite library.

Josh said...

I know two kiddos who now have an entire different take on The Three Little Pigs. They said, Hey, It was the pigs who were mean, they wouldn't share!

Christine Hunewell said...

Perceptive children, Josh! Thanks for watching with your kiddos - and thank you for the comment!