Thursday, January 9, 2014

Let It Snow!

Snow and cold did not stop us from reading about winter at this week's story hour! We read Snow Happy by Patricia Hubbell, about children having fun in the snow (and having hot cocoa afterwards!). We also "read" First Snow, a wordless picture book by Emily Arnold McCully and the funny book Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner. 
At craft time, a large paper plate made a snowman's body and a small one was his head. Then children embellished their snowmen with "carrot" noses, sticker eyes, and alike-and-different patterned hats, scarves, and buttons.

Very cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this snowman idea. Thanks for the idea...I'm going to do this snowman craft with my daughter & her second grade class. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love this snowman idea.
Thanks for the idea...I'm going to do this snowman craft
with my daughter & her second grade class. Thanks!