Monday, June 9, 2014

Presenting the SRP at NHCS

I am here today at the New Hampton Community School to tell classes about the GNL's Summer Reading Program, Fizz Boom Read! I have spoken with most classes for a few minutes while they were in ICT in the Library Media Center (thanks, Mrs. Marcotte!), telling them about the structure of the program, and outlining some of the fun science programming and presentations we are planning. With a few classes, we did a fast experiment with some kitchen chemistry. In one class, I even read a story, parts of Rabbit and Robot, a funny story by Cece Bell about two friends planning a sleepover.
I made a bookmark for each of the children with the dates and descriptions of all the library's summer events. They were in the robot bag, above - the curly pipe cleaners look a little like the robot's hair, don't you think? 

My hope is that kids bring these bookmarks home to keep and that families refer to them as they plan their summer fun. I also hope these bookmarks mark the pages in lots and lots of books that kids read over the summer months!
Finally, I hope I see lots and lots of my NHCS friends at the library this summer! 
Happy Reading!

No comments: