Saturday, March 8, 2014

Marty Kelley

Yesterday afternoon, I saw NH author Marty Kelley give a talk to New Hampton Community School's third, fourth, and fifth graders about what it's like to write and illustrate books. I have read most of his picture books, but I was very interested in hearing him talk about how long and hard he had to work to write and illustrate his first chapter book, Fame, fortune, and the bran muffins of doom. If you want to read all about Marty Kelley's talk, check out Mr. McCann's Fourth Grade blog post here. If you want to view the book trailer for Fame, fortune, and the bran muffins of doom, or read the first chapter, links are here, on the main character's blog page. And if you want to read Marty Kelley's new book, I bought it and it's here - in our library! Well, it's not really here - someone borrowed it as soon as we opened the doors this morning! But we have it now in our collection, so call us and we'll save it for you!

1 comment:

marty said...

I had a great time at the school. Thanks so much for coming and helping to share my books!