Wednesday, May 6, 2020

For Independent Learning: The Little A Theatre

Quite by accident, I found this small theater group in London who does puppetry for children. Much of their work is based on children's stories and picture books that we all love. I first noticed that most of the set design and puppetry looks like it was made from found objects - cardboard, markers, sticks. Then I saw a sign at the end of the show that said it was all made by the artist "entirely from stuff I found in my flat during lockdown!" I thought "Kids could do that!" and I wondered if watching this group perform that might inspire some of you to create your own puppets and shows. What do you think?

After you watch their version of I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen, check out other performances by Little A Theater on their YouTube Channel. They're so much fun to watch, and very creative. I bet you could do something like this! And if you do, leave me a comment so I'll know!

No comments: