Wednesday, April 29, 2020

For Independent Learning: The New Hampton Nature Trail

Today was a beautiful Spring Wednesday, and I took my first walk of the year on our New Hampton Nature Trail. I walked the trails, I did some of the exercise stations, I sat and read my book, and I took lots of photos. What a great place to relax, rejuvenate, and learn!

All along the trail, there are woodland flowers and plants, many with tiny signs giving the name of the plant.
There are little streams and even a vernal pool, with lots to notice! Can you find the eggs?

Look at this long tree trunk! Do you suppose creatures live here?
What sort of bird made this nest in the grasses?
A beautiful walking trail - right in our own community! 
Don't forget the importance of social distancing! But get out!
The New Hampton Nature Trail website has maps and lots more information! Here's the link!

And here's a not-so-great video. Next time, I'll remember to turn my phone!

No comments: